Bond & Override Election Information
This page is here to provide you with information about school district bond and override elections.
2023 Bond and Override Elections:
The Pinal County School Superintendent's Office works directly with school districts on their bond and override elections. We help produce the voter information pamphlet, coordinate the flow of information and documents with the Pinal County Elections Dept., and are the filing office for pro/con statements.
- June 23: Deadline for school district to call for an election. School district notifies Pinal County School Superintendent's Office (PCSSO) of intent to seek a bond and/or override approval in the November election.
- July 5: School district delivers the signed resolution calling for the election to PCSSO.
- July 19: School district submits Voter Informational Pamphlet content to PCSSO.
- August 9: Deadline for school district to post notices of election and provide affidavit of posting to PCSSO.
- August 11: Deadline for area residents and district governing boards to submit signed PRO/CON arguments to PCSSO.
Arguments For/Against School District Special Election(s)
The deadline to submit a statement of argument for/against a special election is Friday, August 11, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. Arguments cannot exceed two hundred words.
A recent change in Arizona statute § 15-481, now requires the following:
- Statements submitted by an organization must have the signature of two executive officers.
- Statements submitted by a political committee must have the signature of either the chairperson or treasurer of the committee.
- Statements submitted by an individual must have the signature of the individual and must be notarized.
Forms for each entity will be made available for download here:
The Pinal County School Superintendent is required to review all arguments for factual accuracy and make any corrections to the statement. The Superintendent will not review and correct portions of the arguments that are identified as the author’s opinion.
To submit a physical paper statement, please download the correct PDF fillable form, print it, and sign it and hand deliver or mail it to the following address. Individual statements MUST be notarized or they will not be accepted.
Pinal County School Superintendent
Attn: Nicole O'Brien
75 N. Bailey St.
Florence, AZ 85132
Statutes Specific to Override Elections
A.R.S. § 15-481