Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Pinal County Superintendent Office


Ajax Loading Image


Home School & Intent to Attend Private School Affidavit Q & A

  • One affidavit needs to be completed for EACH child being homeschooled or attending private school. 
  • AN ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE MUST ACCOMPANY THE AFFIDAVIT.  If you are unable to provide a birth certificate, other reliable proof of the child's identity and age, including the child's baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.  (AZ 15-828)
  • Forms and certificates can be brought into our office Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (closed federal holidays):

          75 N. Bailey Street

          Florence, AZ 85132

  • Or mailed to:

          Pinal County School Office

          P.O. Box 769 

          Florence, AZ 85132


  • The affidavit MUST BE NOTARIZED - Notary service can be provided; call ahead to guarantee it's available.
  • Affidavits can be filed ANY TIME OF YEAR.
  • Affidavits only need one legal guardian's signature and phone number.  
  • If your mailing address is a P.O. Box you must also include your physical address.
  • You only need to file an affidavit ONCE if you are homeschooling for multiple school years; a new filing is NOT REQUIRED every year.  New affidavit filing is only required when:

           1) Your child is discontinuing public school to homeschool.

           2) Your child discontinued homeschooling or private schooling, returned to a public school, and now is returning to                     

                homeschooling or private school.

           3) Your child is discontinuing public school to attend a private school.

           4) You left Pinal County and are now returning and will be homeschooling your child.

  • If your child is age 16 or older you DO NOT need to file a homeschool affidavit.  Arizona no longer tracks homeschooling status past age 16 as students can get their GED at age 16.  Affidavits are automatically withdrawn/archived once a student is age 16.
  • If you are applying for an Empowerment Scholarship Account DO NOT file a homeschool affidavit; you cannot have a homeschool affidavit on file AND receive Empowerment Scholarship Account Funds (https://www.azed.gov/esa/).
  • If your child is 16 or older and granted an ESA, you DO NOT need to file a Withdrawal Form.  Affidavits are automatically withdrawn/archived once a student is age 16 per, they are legally old enough to get their GED.  Arizona no longer tracks homeschooling status past age 16.
  • To withdraw your affidavit in the event your child is returning to public school, has been granted and ESA, or you are moving outside of Pinal County, you must complete the Homeschool Withdrawal Form and submit it to our office via email nobrien@pinalcso.org, mail P.O. Box 769 Florence, AZ 85132, or in person at 75 N. Bailey St. Florence.
  • You will need to contact the school district directly to see if they require any forms or documentation on their end when you withdraw your child from ANY district.
  • If you move within the Pinal County or your contact information changes, you must complete the Change of Information Form and file it with our office.  You can mail it, email it to nobrien@pinalcso.org, or bring it by our office.  
  • You will need to contact the school directly for enrollment or re-enrollment back into public school or private school.

Arizona Revised Statutes Pertaining to Homeschooling

AZ 15-802

AZ 15-802.01