Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Pinal County Superintendent Office


Ajax Loading Image


How to Continue Your IEP, Even if You Start Homeschooling

Arizona homeschool or private school students may be eligible for special education services provided by their school district for free.  The state considers homeschooled students as private schooled students for purposes of determining access to special education services.

Alternatively, parents of homeschooled children can apply for Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESAs), which allow parents to access 90% of the funding their district would have received for their child.  Parents who receive ESAs cannot access special education services from their local districts, but can have educational expenses for their child reimbursed from the ESA.  Families of students wishing to access special education services through their district should contact their local district.  Parents of students wishing to use the ESA option can find more information and apply at the Arizona Department of Education.